Director of Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage Director's primary responsibility is the management of all Food and Beverage (F&B) operations to ensure that the hotel and associated restaurant outlets standards are achieved or exceeded and maintained within budgetary limitations. Provides leadership and management for the department, including all Culinary, Restaurant, Beverage, Bar, Catering and Banquet Operations.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to maintain high standards of F&B quality, service, merchandising, etc. to maximize profits.
- Manages and works closely with the Executive Chef and other Culinary management team members to develop new menus based on trends, while meeting brand standards.
- Responsible for operational and administrative oversight of the specialty restaurant outlet and selecting and effectively managing its General Management team.
- Develops, implements and manages operating metrics (e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, etc.).
- Assists GM and Director of Sales & Marketing in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Must be able to successfully establish, manage, organize, direct and supervise several outlets with different concepts.
- Establishes and develops a highly motivated, pro-active F&B team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and high quality-oriented service product.
- Ensures that all F&B management is knowledgeable of the goals of the company and department and establishes goals and action plans that will be followed to achieve these milestones; ensures that the management team is communicating the goals of the company and department to their team members.
- Establishes and document standards and procedures and ensures that department heads are enforcing said standards for consistent, high-quality service.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outlets within the F&B department operate within the established budgetary guidelines for the property.
- Plans and reviews purchase orders for all food and beverage related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
- Ensures that all food and beverage revenues and expenses are properly recorded against the appropriate budget, and the variances from the budgeted amounts are properly documented and reported promptly; implements effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Describes, assigns and delegates responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments (e.g.: FOH, BOH, banquet and room ops, etc.)
- Develops, implements and monitors schedules for the operation of the F&B department to achieve a profitable result; accountable for monitoring and approving payroll for all F&B areas.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates guest satisfaction of service, food quality/offerings, banquet and meeting services, etc.
- Able to step into any F&B staff position to carry out the tasks; proactively leads by example.
- Monitors the performance of all staff to ensure that their duties are carried out in accordance with Company policy, and safety and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for assessing, engaging and managing vendor relationships for all areas of F&B.
- Arranges for equipment maintenance and repairs; coordinates services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service; always extends professionalism and courtesy to team members.
- Plans, schedules and/or administers training programs within the department that will develop associates at all levels; continuously evaluates the performance of the associates in F&B.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns and established service recovery plans for all assigned areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality Management or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a F&B Director in a large higher volume, luxury hotel.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Must have a solid understanding of financials, P&L, etc.; prior experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, or reporting is required.
- Highly proficiency in MS Office and applicable financial and POS systems.
- Some travel required to attend required events.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must be reachable on phone 24/7 in order to respond to emergencies.
- Your presence will be required “At the Hotel” during Tropical Storm and/or Hurricane “Watch” & Warnings, unless a formal evacuation has been ordered for our Hotel by the National Hurricane Center.