Restaurant Supervisor - Aqimero at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Position Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
Date: January 2017
Direct flow of service and ensure guest satisfaction. Supervise, train and schedule all floor staff. Confer with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and other related activities. Contribute to the evolution of service, position in the market, and standard of excellence. Foster ownership mentality and adhere to all duties and responsibilities of the position explained below.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, reward, and discipline FOH personnel and assist Chef with BOH employees, if needed.
- Orientate, motivate, train, and educate all FOH personnel in restaurant policies, procedures, and rules.
- Schedule appropriately for the restaurant, and maintain proper staffing levels in accordance with the needs of the restaurant and anticipated business levels.
- Effectively supervise floor staff to ensure professional service and guest satisfaction during hours of operation.
- Oversee all FOH supplies and hard goods orders ensuring that the restaurant is stocked appropriately for the time of year and advise appropriate person on any ordering needs.
- Educate FOH personnel in product knowledge and cultivate long-term service knowledge.
- Build rapport with restaurant guests and ensure an organic, enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Ensure that all restaurant signage is accurate and in keeping with the theme of Restaurant.
- Responsible for keeping all signage up to date.
- Responsible for accurately reporting payroll on a daily basis.
- Perform all daily tasks as indicated on opening and closing checklists.
- Ultimately responsible for cleanliness and repair of Restaurant and office.
- Attend manager meetings.
- Work closely and with all management staff.
- Foster a culture in which customer satisfaction is the primary concern.
- Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at all times.
- Establish role as a spokesperson for the restaurant within the community and with restaurant’s guests.
- Become entrepreneurial in all endeavors with a view to increasing sales and guest satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Ensure adherence to all budget line items.
- Maintain positive relationships with guests, vendors and staff, both FOH and BOH.
- Praise in public, criticize behind closed doors, give constructive feedback when appropriate.
- Constantly develop staff in food knowledge, beverage knowledge and service.
- Develop and maintain strong work relationships with all staff.
- Closely work with the restaurant Managers in receiving the delivery and storage of beverage for the restaurant.
- Assist with physical menus and ensure accuracy.
- Oversee cleanliness of Bar, Liquor/Wine/Beer/N.A. beverage storage areas
- Work with General Manager and sales team to adhere to all SOP’s for event functions.
- Communicate all special events, parties, and occupancy levels during the FOH meetings.
- Work with Sales manager and service staff to facilitate groups.
- Utilize SOP for groups in restaurant dining room.
- Improve and maintain leadership presence on the floor during service.
- Maintain a positive and healthy working environment for all staff.
- Maintain FOH staff turnover to a minimum.
- Reduce or eliminate written guest complaints.
- Maintain a 90% or higher over-all score on both the Bar and Dining Room Spotter’s Reports.
- Maintain and practice the “Open-Door” policy – open communication with staff.
- Enforce all house rules and policies – setting an example to all staff.
- Maintain acceptable RSH standards on:
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the restaurant
- Line up procedures, departmental meetings
- Inventory (Non-Food and Cutlery, Glassware, Flatware)
- Reduce glassware and flatware breakages
- Maintain management skills:
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Be able to multi-task
- Responding to guest complaints expeditiously
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication with staff and guests
- Hiring and training processes
- Employee relations – disciplining; socializing
- Maintain a high level of competence and confidence from all managers
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Previous hospitality experience is required. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational, time management and sales skills. Good communication skills—both written and verbal. Position requires sitting, handling, eye-hand coordination, walking, standing, stooping, and kneeling. This position may on occasion be required to assist with set up which may require the lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds.