Richard Sandoval Hospitality is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to work with and support our executive team members with their administrative needs, including organizing, scheduling, making flight arrangements, setting up processes, coordinating meetings and phone calls, attending to details, multi-tasking, creating and sending written correspondence, answering phone calls, ordering supplies, meeting client demands, working on special projects and other on-going business concerns. This position requires someone who wants a busy, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenges to balance.
This position's responsibilities include:
- Build efficiency and responsiveness into existing operations and help define new operational strategies.
- Manage calendars and scheduling for the executives, in addition to general meeting scheduling.
- Coordinate and book travel for the executives.
- Manages the executives’ general office expenses and organizes/itemizes monthly statements for billing department.
- Create, maintain and manage the executives’ online database inclusive of all property reports.
- Assist with and maintain critical company databases.
- Create, in collaboration with senior management, marketing proposal project presentations for new potential restaurant projects as required.
- Participate in new opening Critical Path meetings and assist in facilitation of deliverables to the operator.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Coordinate and post weekly team meeting reports to brief the executives.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, reports/spreadsheets, presentations, etc. as directed.
- Find new content and engagement opportunities by staying in tune with the always-evolving industry.
- Be a brand guardian: maintain brand voice and guidelines across all assets.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creating and developing visual presentations as needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the executives.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including the Owner, Restaurant Managers, Regional Managers and Chefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects.
- Create general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the office facility’s day-to-day operations.
Qualifications/ Skills & Knowledge/ Competency Requirements
- Two years of professional administrative experience
- Impressive online writing skills
- Familiarity with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- An eye for art/design, and an insatiable desire to learn and excel (with little supervision)
- Exceptional attention to detail, process building and project management skills
- Effective, professional, and concise communication, both verbal and written
- Exceptional work ethic and belief that no job is too small
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 2+ years-related experience.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate orally and in writing; in person, on the computer and on the telephone.
- Move from office location to restaurant locations as needed.
- Operate office equipment, e.g. copier, computer, fax machine
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This position is expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
At least two years of previous experience in office administration.
Experience in a busy, diverse, fast-paced environment.