Catering Sales Manager Needed!
Job Title: Manager, Catering Sales
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Director, Complex Catering Sales
Responsible for achieving set individual and team revenue goals that support the hotel’s financial, business and marketing objectives. Strives to maximize revenue and promote hotel relationships through effective negotiation of services and prices in the property’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
Managing Sales Activities
- Responsible for achieving individual and team revenue goals by developing and executing a sales strategy to prospect and solicit new accounts and further develop existing accounts.
- Prospects, solicits and closes new business as well as maintains repeat client’s needs and maximize revenues. Targets and wins over business via outside sales calls, hosting site tours, cold calling and emailing potential clients, networking, attending industry and association events, etc.
- Sells catering menus which meet the client’s needs and maximize revenues and periodically reviews and adjusts menus to ensure product and brand consistency.
- Ensures regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings). Attends applicable meetings to review activity and performance.
- Meets with clients to work out the details of their functions. Escorts clients through the property and highlights features of the facility as well as available services. Consults in full-service event planning and finalizes contracts, estimate sheets, etc. with clients prior to events.
- Confirms payments, guarantees, set-ups and signed contracts and changes with clients.
- Generates, maintains and distributes detailed Banquet Event Orders according to client contracts.
- Reviews and inspects function rooms and displays for conformance to brand standards and client needs.
- Monitors guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
- Stays informed of market trends and recommends ways to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships and ensures that any direct reports do the same.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to, maintain guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary guest service to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the guest and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Resolves guest complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction and quality
- Serves the guest by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target guest and service expectations; serves the guest by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the hotel level.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related field.
· Two or more years of experience in a catering sales management role.
· Possesses demonstrated strong leadership and selling skills along with proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
· Must be a self-starter with experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
· Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
· Well versed in Catering, Events and Food & Beverage financial aspects
· Must have outstanding MS Office skills and be technically savvy and familiar with Catering, Events and Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and reporting.
· Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the brand and culture.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bi/multi lingual preferred.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
· Must be well versed in all MS Office applications and be technically self-sufficient with [NOT SURE WHAT EVENT MGMT OR POS SYSTEMS WOULD APPLY TO THIS – PLEASE ADD]
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.