Corporate Service Trainer - Richard Sandoval Hospitality
Summary/Objective The Corporate Service Training Manager will oversee the creation, implementation, and execution of all restaurant training initiatives for new and existing properties within the North American Licensing Division. This position is responsible for organizing and directing the properties training programs; supervising continuous learning and development opportunities both for line and leadership associates; ensuring consistent compliance with operational standards; promoting continuous operational performance improvement; while reviewing guest satisfaction reviews and creating necessary reports. This is a highly creative position that will represent the core of Richard Sandoval Hospitality.
- Responsible for training program development, creation, implementation, training and onsite communication with restaurant manager teams. (i.e. course materials, presentations, handouts, visual aids).
- Orientate, motivate, train, and educate all FOH personnel in Restaurant policies, procedures, and rules
- Organizes and prepares for internal and external audits related to restaurant knowledge and performance as well as the knowledge and performance of restaurant’s managers
- Effectively supervise all restaurant staff to ensure professional service and guest satisfaction during property visits and restaurant openings.
- Educates FOH personnel to become familiar with the restaurant’s operation procedures.
- Provide support to the HR/Safety department, administering onboarding, safety training, and organization of monthly safety committee meetings.
- Holds line level employees accountable to the systems and standards of the company.
- Attends all company and department required trainings, while leading the service trainings
- Attends and contributes to manager meetings when applicable.
- Work closely and with all management staff of assigned properties.
- Establish role as a spokesperson for RSH within the properties’ community and with Restaurant staffs
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices.
- Bring your own personal style and energy to the brand-supplied talking points and program.
- Maintains quality service by following Company standards and maintaining high levels of decorum and professionalism.
. Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications/ Skills & Knowledge/ Competency Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in human resource management, hotel management or business administration.
- Experience working in restaurant hospitality, Corporate Training, with restaurant opening experience.
- Must master all knowledge and skills of every position in the FOH Restaurant.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal as well as ability to communicate and relate to individuals at all levels of organizations from frontline to executive positions.
- Working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines, must be efficient in quick response to all calls and emails
- Skilled at navigating cross-functional business relationships within different regions
- Ability to travel to property locations as assigned and directed.
- A passion for teaching with excellent training, mentoring, coaching and communication skills-both written and verbal.
- Skilled at adapting a training approach to suit the needs of the learner and/or learning environment.
- Ability to recognize and effectively solve problems by using good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and able to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis position is expected to work 40 or more hours per week, must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and travel for multiple days at a time.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a restaurant environment in professional buildings or in hotels. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, as well as restaurant equipment and supplies.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate orally and in writing; in person, on the computer and on the telephone.
- Move from office location to restaurant locations as needed.
- Operate office equipment, e.g. copier, computer, fax machine
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Position requires sitting, handling, eye-hand coordination,
- Walking, standing, stooping, and kneeling.
- This position may on occasion be required to assist with set up which may require the lifting, carrying, pulling, or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds.