Fareground Sales & Events Manager
FAREGROUND IS LOOKING FOR A SALES & EVENTS MANAGER!
FAREGROUND AT ONE ELEVEN CONGRESS IS AUSTIN’S FIRST FOOD HALL
We are an incubator deﬁned by people, passion and possibility - a space where restauranteurs come to grow and scale their businesses. A gathering space of food and culture. A place where neighbors, locals, artists and tourists alike come to ﬁnd a community they can call their own.
The main purpose of this position is to actively pursue revenue from large groups for Fareground Food Hall. The duties include being the chief contact for all customer event inquiries and requests about the space, consulting with clients about every detail of an event to ensure that the operations team has all the information needed to execute a successful event. This position will work with the operations team to create an atmosphere of best possible service for all guests in the restaurant., ensure customer satisfaction and that the Food Hall Catering functions run smoothly, efficiently and profitably. The sales manager is also responsible for prospecting new sales, and managing event documentation.
Position will be required to work a varied schedule that reflects the events’ schedules and client meetings. This may include days, nights and weekends. All salaried employees strive to complete their work in 55 -60 hours per week; a minimum of 40-50 hours is required. Due to varied events’ schedules and offsite events, some long days or “double shifts” may be required. This position is based in the restaurants. A minimum of 75% of your time should be spent in the venues, with the other 25% of your time spent actively selling at outside sales events – such as networking events, offsite sales meetings, tradeshows, prospecting, etc. If no outside sales events are scheduled, additional time will be required in the venue to be available for tours, tastings, answering questions about group events, and assisting with onsite sales and marketing duties. Event Sales Manager should maintain a presence in the venues as the face of the restaurants, and should be a recognizable person to guests, staff, and clients. Responding to emails and voicemails at home is also expected to ensure quick response time, and high quality of service for all potential clients.
- In-house Events:
- Pursue social and corporate groups (over 12 people) to dine, meet, greet, or party in Fareground Food Hall
- Make a minimum of 20 cold calls/outbound sales calls/emails per week
- Attend a minimum of 2 Networking events per month
- Greet guests and potential clients at the venue for site tours, and increase knowledge of group events
- Work in conjunction with National Sales Director & other Event Sales Managers
- Maintain the database of past, present and potential clients & update necessary collateral
- Proactively attract clients during all seasons
- Maintain knowledge of local and national competition and general industry trends (CMA)
- Understand and accommodate for the effect that market fluctuations have on sales opportunities
Communication & Execution:
- In-house events:
- Work in conjunction with any other Event Sales Manager(s) assigned to the Food Hall to meet regional sales goals as a team.
- Utilize in-house system (Tripleseat) to communicate with clients and create all BEOs
- Update and post event BEOs for FOH and Kitchen weekly or as new updates occur.
- Accurately communicate client’s wishes to the operational staff through the use of BEOs and meetings.
- Maintain close relationships with corporate groups
- Establish rapport with meeting planners while promoting restaurant facilities and services. Conduct planning meetings and site inspections as requested by clients and affiliates. Provide clients with a comprehensive knowledge of the restaurant, including services, hours of operation, costs and limitations.
- Prepare menu proposals, event time slots, pricing structures for all in-house scenarios with National Sales Director and the Regional Director of Operations.
- Work with the Executive Chefs & General Manager at the location to make sure all events are prepared for properly and have the equipment, supplies, or product needed to execute the event.
- Work with the Beverage Director on proper alcohol purchasing/pricing for events
- When possible attend the FOH event preshift to answer any related event questions for the FOH team
- While you are not expected to be in attendance at every event, greeting the host for large or important events is encouraged.
- This position is responsible for the guest satisfaction. If there are issues with the staffing or operations, work with FOH team to provide training or support to ensure successful future event execution.
- Attend weekly manager meetings to inform the team of upcoming events, new sales campaigns, changes to booked events, etc.
- Communicate regional sales activity to the National Sales Director through a weekly flash report
- In-house Events:
- Assist in determining necessary staffing levels with General Managers
- Keep all BEO files current and updated to allow for advance notice for staffing changes
- Sales Related:
- Phones – make calls to contacts, take lead calls, work with Marketing Director and National Sales Director to solicit new group business, work with clients on menus, event details
- Opentable – familiarization with the reservation book, restaurant floor plan, and past history to maximize business opportunities
- Keep calendar/upcoming events, report updated and distribute to all directors weekly.
- Use a Customer Relationship Management system including follow up procedures and database management as outlined by National Sales Director
- Create contracts
- Review final invoices/receipts daily, complete record of final payments, keep detailed, organized digital files.
- Comprehensive and timely completion and distribution of all post event analysis and reports.
- Evaluate each piece of business to ensure event is potentially profitable
- Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper preparation and execution
- Reconcile event numbers post-event to ensure that Tripleseat and Avero are both reporting accurately
- Communicate to National Sales Manager and keep record of any discrepancies/errors
- As needed – assist with restaurant duties such as deliveries, phone calls, and attending to guests on the floor
- Establish role as a spokesperson and face of the Food Hall within the community
- Promote a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere at all times
- Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all restaurants and Restaurants’ Catering Sales
Applicant must have at least a high school diploma or GED, previous computer experience, typing skills required. Minimum of 2 years sales experience is preferred, with experience in outside sales and new business generation. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Individual must have good organizational, time management and sales skills. Good communication skills—both written and verbal. The position requires excellent listening, phone skills, and attention to detail. Applicant must have good reading and comprehension skills. Must be available, and have transportation, to be present at the restaurants and outside sales events at varied times depending on event schedules.
Must be able to operate or use the following: computer, printer, copier, calculator, telephone and writing utensils. Requires good vision and hearing (with corrections is okay). Position requires sitting, handling, eye-hand coordination, walking, standing, stooping, and kneeling. This position will be required to assist with conference set up and exhibiting and/or event execution, which may require the lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds – including, but not limited to tables, chairs, chafers, plates, catering equipment, boxes of menus, collateral, signage, etc. – as well as being on feet for extended periods of time, possibly up to 12+ hours. Office days may also require sitting in an office environment for 8-10 hours to accomplish sales and administrative tasks.