Lead Host & Coordinator - Ellis Bar
General -This position assists GM and Bar Manager with hosting during evening operations, responding to inquiries, arranging reservations and events and using open table to coordinate floor plans for a high volume bar operation.
Looking for a job with a Flexible or Set Schedule, Holidays and Birthday Off, Discounted Parking, Full Benefits Package, Employee Discounts, Growth Opportunities and more? If yes, then we are looking for you! Join our fun and creative Bar team as a HOST and provide customers with a stellar experience. You are a foodie with a fun and outstanding personality who appreciates craft cocktails and mixology and can multitask in a busy setting, have a passion for food, and are a great communicator. Now hiring for Ellis bar.
Ellis is your destination for craft cocktails and small bites and features cocktails including the San Martin, a Waterloo antique gin with carpano antica, yellow chartreuse and orange, the Ellis Old Fashioned with Still Austin bourbon, aromatic and citrus bitters and sugar and more. Situated under the lush canopy of a heritage oak tree, it’s the perfect spot to grab your friends and meet for one of our finest hand-crafted cocktails!
Host Duties -
Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner. Greet and seats guest. Present menus in a kindly, professional and quick manner.
- Greets and seats guests
- Presents menus to guests
- Informs guests about special menu items
- Enhance the customer experience by treating guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Takes names on a waiting list
- Assign tables
- Run the floor plan for busy evening shifts and events.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Keep an organized host area, clean and well stocked
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests in and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- If applicable, take fill and process to go orders
- Maintain restrooms throughout shift.
- Maintain entrance area clean and free of debris to include mopping
- Other duties as directed.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to work standing up during entire shift
- Endure schedules of 35 to 40 hours per week
- Ability to bend, reach
- Reaches, bends and stoop frequently
- Carry up to 25 pounds.
- Carry 30 to 50 feet highchairs, up to 10 per shift
- Ability to verbally communicate with guests and phone callers
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Frequent washing of hands
- Interior bar and kitchen + exterior deck; exposure to temperature extremes, grease, food, noise, appliances, and cleaning agents
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, slipping, tripping, falling, cuts, scrapes, muscle strains and burns
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests.)
- Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based
- Must visually scan bar areas for clean, unoccupied tables. Assist with setup of exterior deck and cleaning of bar tables as needed.
- Organizational skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures