Chef de Cuisine NEEDED!!!!!
Position Title: Chef de Cuisine
Job Code: 193788
FLSA: Non Exempt
Job Band: H06
Hotel Level: 5,4,3
Department: Banquet Services
Typically Reports To: Executive Chef
Oversee the preparation, plating, and quality of food and beverage items for banquet functions. Responsible for menu planning and development and cost control. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise activities of assigned staff, communicate goals, and assign/schedule work to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
Recommend and initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues. Assist with employee selection, training and development, and performance coaching.
Develop new menu concepts. Prepare, test, and cost out new menu items. Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all dishes prepared for banquet functions.
Oversee methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
Inspect the cleanliness of the line floor and kitchen stations. Maintain and strictly abide by proper storage procedures and state sanitation and health regulations. Notify Engineering of any maintenance and repairs needs.
Review the following day’s menus and complete requisitions for food and supplies needed from various storerooms; maintain inventory control procedures.
Ensure that kitchen is prepared for the following day’s work. Ensure that all equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, cooking supplies, and equipment.
Assist sales, catering, and banquet staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
Assist in cooking and food preparation as required.
Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with
other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering,
Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfactiono Vendors – to order supplies and equipment and ensure best prices and qualityo Health Department and other regulatory agencies – regarding safety matters and
Perform other duties as assigned.
Primary duty is professional chef work and supervision of other culinary employees in a large full- service, resort, or luxury hotel with high catering/banquet volume typically serving more than 500 people.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Advanced culinary training and three years of experience as a chef, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience. Degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneelingOther:
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting withsubordinates and coworkers.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, andvariances are utilized frequently.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when giving and receiving instructions, andpreparing and documenting recipes.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cardas required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.