Position Title: Dishwasher
Reports to: BOH
Wash dishes and help maintain work areas clean. Other duties as assigned.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher or by hand.
- Maintain dish room storage areas. Restack glassware, plates, or silverware as needed.
- Perform routine cleaning of dish machine at scheduled times and/or as needed.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in proper storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas. Clean garbage cans when needed.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Maintain trash room area; keep it in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform routine cleaning including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, trash removal, moving dirty pots and pans and stocking clean equipment.
Essential physical requirements
- Able to work standing up and walking during entire shift.
- Able to continuously reach, carry, lift, bend, stoop and wipe
- Pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds
- Common hazards include but are not limited to burns, falls, slipping, tripping and cuts.
- Carry heavy trays and/or bus tubs for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Wet floors may also exist during a shift. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to very loud.