LINE COOKS AND PASTRY COOKS
Richard Sandoval's TAMAYO restaurant is hiring for experienced Line Cooks and Pastry Cooks for our busy downtown location. Must have at least 3 years experience in the position you are applying for.
Please apply in person to meet with our Chef de Cuisine, Monday-Thursday 2:00-4:00
1400 Larimer St., Denver 80202
Position Title: Line Cook
Reports to: Sous Chefs and Executive Chef
Responsible for ensuring an efficient quality finished product before and during service hours. Assume all duties of the Sous Chefs in their absence, and as needed by the Executive Chef.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to do repetitive work
- Able to prepare food according to food handlers guidelines
- Knowledge of cooking procedures
- Able to communicate with Prep Cooks & Wait staff
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules for kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of where and how everything is stored
- Label and date all food stored & Rotate food as needed
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Flexible with job duties
- Able to work all shifts and holidays
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to assigned shift
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Able to work in a high pace and hot environment
- Able to multi-task
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Report to managers when something is broken or needs repair
- Keep a clean, stocked and tidy workspace
- Be able to self-motivate in work environment
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions
- Taste food items to insure consistency and conformance to recipes and standards of appearance.
- Take time to give special attention to special guests and guests with special needs.
- Maintain product quality standards and consistency.
- Use daily kitchen notes to work efficiently.
- Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at all times.
- Work closely with all BOH staff.
- Lead by example and motivate through positive reinforcement.
- Strive for guest satisfaction—maintain the goal of creating positive guest experiences.
- Maintain the integrity of every dish no matter time, price point, whom it is for or level of difficulty.
- Organize and operate an efficient, professional service.
- Orientate, motivate, train, and educate all kitchen personnel in Avondale’s policies, procedures, and rules.
- Maintain a clean and organized BOH workspace.
- Praise in public, criticize behind closed doors, and give constructive criticism.
- Constantly develop culinary talent and remember that you can learn something from every employee in the restaurant.
- Maintain positive attitude about all culinary aspects of Restaurant and Market, regarding both with equal esteem.
Policies and Procedures
- Insure that all BOH staff follows and upholds to Restaurant’s policy and procedures pertaining to cleanliness and organization of walk-ins, freezers and dry storage.
- Assist and insure all BOH staff works in an organized and clean matter within their workspace.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Previous kitchen experience is required with at least 2 years of working in a similar position. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational, time management and delegation skills. Good communication skills—both written and verbal, Spanish speaking would be a definite plus. Requires standing and carrying for long periods. This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds.