UES Neighborhood Gem MAYA Seeks Servers & Bartenders
Maya, a Richard Sandoval Hospitality restaurant specializing in modern Mexican cuisine with an extensive tequila library, seeks servers and bartenders who love hospitality and taking care of people to join the team. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume'!
Position Title: Servers & Bartenders
Reports to: GM and FOH Managers
Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner. Enhance the customer experience according to RSH hospitality Standards
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Serve 4 –6 tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of RSR Restaurant’s food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Ensure guest’s complete satisfaction and strive to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential physical requirements
- Able to work standing up and walking during entire shift.
- Able to continuously reach, carry, lift, bend, stoop and wipe
- Pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds
- Common hazards include but are not limited to burns, falls, slipping, tripping and cuts.
- Personal hygiene is a most plus frequent washing of hands is required
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
- Basic mathematical skills with the ability to make change
- Must be able to read and write
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking and able to move in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- When applicable, must have licences, certifications or registrations according to State requirements
- State health and alcohol compliance cards (if applicable)
- 2 years of experience as a server