Richard Sandoval Restaurants seeks New York City Area General Manager
Area General Manager
The Area General Manager will oversee the overall operations in the assigned region. This includes monitoring the overall financial performance of all F&B, engaging in the planning and implementation of any marketing and public relations campaigns, ensure compliance with all corporate processes and legal requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure operation of all BOH & FOH is in accordance with prescribed RSH policies, procedures and practices
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resources processes, including those related to New Hire and Payroll policies
- Ensure compliance with RSH required standards in areas of staffing; FOH & BOH operations; employee and guest relations; labor costs; beverage costs, food costs, sanitation and food preparation – with Regional Chef; safety and working environment
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and local laws (i.e. liquor, labor, OSHA, health and sanitation, etc.)
- Assist in floor management during service and cover shifts when needed ONLY
- Assist in coordination and implementation of RSH and in-FOH & BOH promotions, new product rollouts, and point of sale materials
- Guest relations – interact with guests in the dining room and bar, ensuring exemplary guest experiences
- Provide input for performance appraisals and recommend appropriate salary actions for front and back of the house employees using our annual salary or hourly reviews
- Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of Managers
- Participate in the introduction of new drinks, beverages; liquors and wines at a national level and administer local beverage programs.
- Attend Weekly Marketing call, Weekly Managers’ meeting, Weekly financial reports meeting
- Capable of performing all manager duties and responsibilities of the Front of the House
- Coordinate with Public Relations and Marketing team in the execution and implementation of Public Relation programs and activities
- Provide event sales support by reviewing contracts and assisting the events manager in planning and executing sales strategies.
- Conduct monthly walk-through, on-site inspections and audits for all FOH & BOH operation.
- Develop action plans to improve areas of opportunities
- Work with FOH & BOH Managers to execute menu changes, specials, price changes
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for FOH & BOH.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Restaurant and all of the F&B Operations within the community.
Qualification / Standards
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Culinary Arts and/or Hotel and Restaurant Management a plus
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- General knowledge of math/accounting principles
- Seven to ten years upscale restaurant or hotel management experience required
- Two+ years multi-unit management experience with full P&L responsibility
- Prior experience with a computerized POS system and Reservation system
- Professional appearance and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and determined attitude
- Passion for the restaurant business
- Ability to recruit, develop, motivate, train and coach employees
- Ability to do each of the hourly and salary employees’ job functions within the restaurant or bar
- Ability to frequently bend, lift and carry trays weighing up to 20 lbs., flatware, glassware, cups, coffee pots, pitchers; cutlery, linen, chairs and tables
- Extensive mobility within and between work area, kitchen, storerooms, back of the house
- Ability to remain standing for the entire shift
- Ability to handle stress of interacting with employees and guests, handling guest complaints, and dealing with time constraints
- Ability to travel and must be able to stay for extended periods of time at other restaurant locations
- Interior restaurant and kitchen; exposure to extreme temperature, grease, food, noise, appliances, and cleaning agents
- Possible Hazards include but are not limited to, slipping, tripping, falling, cuts, scrapes, muscle strains and burns